CELEBRATE THE ANNIVERSARY OF EUREKA
The long fight for justice,
democratic rights and independence
Thursday 29 November 2012
6.00pm – speakers start 6.30pm
Queensberry Hotel, Undercover Courtyard
Cnr Swanston and Queensberry streets, South Carlton
• What does the Eureka uprising in 1854 mean for us today?
• The fight for justice, workers’ rights and conditions never stops!
• In today’s Australia who seizes all the wealth from our natural resources?
And who really creates all the wealth in this country?
• Is foreign investment benefitting the Australian people. Who really
profits and who really pays? Is the TPP a fair trade deal?
• Why are the US troops and bases in Australia?
• Australia’s multiculturalism was born at the Eureka Stockade rebellion
in 1854. Many miners in Ballarat were refugees fleeing oppression in
Humphrey McQueen – Activist historian
Brian Boyd – Secretary, Victorian Trades Hall
Pamela Curr – Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Organised by Spirit of Eureka (Melbourne)
Contact: 0417 456 001